Sunday, May 10, 2009

Response to "Anonymous"

To "anonymous" (SAM?)

The judge in court has found in my favor, so whatever and whoever you are, you should get your facts straight before you attempt to defend a situation you know nothing about. Your ex-husband (if you are who you say you are) shook his fist in my face and threatened to "get me." I have never been treated as poorly as I was by your ex-husband, and this happened to me, not you. You were not there, as you say, so why are you defending someone that you have divorced? If everything was a bed of roses, you might still be there. Your ex-husband is not someone I was "having an affair with." Your ex-husband committed fraud and stole $2,000.00 from me. He then harassed and threatened me. This is a crime, whether you like it or not.

Court cases and judgments are public knowledge, and Richard Morgan is well-known to the judges in Guatemala and Arizona. There are a number of cases against Richard Morgan in Tuscon Arizona, which can be verified online.

Pima County Justice Court, small claims court, Tuscon Arizona:

http://jp.co.pima.az.us/casesearch/CaseSearch.aspx

Search by case name and you will how many cases have been filed against "Richard Morgan." I counted 17 cases going back to 1989, and they haven't even updated this list under Richard Morgan's name with my case and award yet.

You can find my case with the award for $2,500.00 with interest at 10% against defendant ADVENTURES IN EDUCATION, INC (which is the name in the United States that Richard Morgan operates under, and who he had me make the check made out to):

CV09513624A-SC
TODD, CATHERINE S Plaintiff 04/21/2009 Awarded $2,500.00. vs. ADVENTURES IN EDUCATION, Inc. Defendant


See more about "Adventures in Education" at: "Adventures in Education, Inc., and Aventuras en EducaciĆ³n, SA, are affiliate companies that collaborate to provide recreational vacations and memorable learning experiences... Los Encuentros Posada y Centro Cultural is our joint activity center at Lake Atitlan and offers lodging, study facilities, and a fitness center. ..."

Mail To:
Posada Los Encuentros
Callejon Chotzar 0-41, Jucanya
Panajachel, Solola
Guatemala, C.A.
rjmorganjr@adventurestudy.com

See more at www.adventurestudy.com/

Sounds good, doesn't it? Too bad it didn't live up to it's advertising. If it had, I would not have had to go to court for a refund, would I?


I am not the first person to have to take Richard Morgan to court, and I probably won't be the last. I have won my case and he owes me the money he took, regardless of what you or he or whoever he pays to write emails to me wants to believe. I've received other "attack-emails" about this situation; Morgan allegedly makes a habit of it. So you can pat yourself on the back for a little while, but it doesn't change a thing. The fact that you fail to identify yourself leads me to wonder who really wrote this comment? Name yourself if you want to be believed.

If anyone threatens me, I will take steps to protect myself. If they keep it up, I will file charges for harassment and stalking. No one has to put up with this kind of behavior. I do have the right to keep a blog and any hotelier in business knows that they risk their reputation when they mistreat or steal from their guests.

Why Morgan thought he could get away with this I will never know, but apparently he is used to getting his own way with intimidation and threats. His reputation precedes him in Panajachel, from anyone that really knows him. He is known around town as "un hombre muy malo" ("a very bad man"). This has been documented a number of times, and a quick look at the court cases against bears this out.

Abusers can only keep up their mask and pretense for so long, and then that mask will crack. It cracked many times in front of me, and it was not a pretty sight.

Perhaps you are one of those "battered wives" who took it all silently, blamed themselves and ultimately defended their abusers. But I am not. I do speak out about what happens to me, and I have every right to keep a blog which is for my benefit, not necessarily for others. If this helps others to know that if the same thing has happened to them, they can also speak out, so much the better. If you look at the reviews for his hotel, you will see that other people had the same problems I did at the time I lived there. They too "spoke out." Have you also written to them?

Your "good friend and an exceptional father" has another side, whether or not you like it or are aware of it. If he had treated me decently, then I wouldn't have had this problem, would I? And the judge would not have found in my favor.

Perhaps you should see the evidence before you judge me and my situation in advance.


Identify yourself and we can talk further if you like. You can write to me directly. As you said, you were not there when all this took place. If you had been there, perhaps things would have turned out differently. In the meantime, people change and perhaps you are not aware of the many changes that have taken place. Perhaps you are not aware of the drugs and drinking that goes on in this place. Perhaps you are not aware of the new girlfriend who practices "voodoo" on people. She takes it seriously, even if I do not!

Perhaps you are not aware that your ex-husband's defense was that he "did not have to honor the email contract he made with me, since emails are not valid in Guatemala" when he requested and received six months rent in advance, sent by email to his American bank. This was the most shocking of all, that your ex-husband intended to and did commit fraud right from the start.

Things change, and people change. If things were so great with your ex-husband, then why did you get a divorce? There are plenty of stories around Pana about things that went on, so I would suggest that you consider your own situation before you pass judgement on mine. Believe me, your ex-husband has not gotten away with cheating me and he won't be able to do it to anyone else. I am not willing to lose $2,000.00 so easily. Perhaps you are, but I'm not. If Richard Morgan doesn't pay the judgment against him, he may be liable for an extra $10,000.00. This is not a joke.

Fraud and harassment is a crime, whether or not you believe it.


I want to thank you for jogging my memory about this situation, since I have not heard from Morgan since the judgment was rendered, even though his representative said he would "get back to me." Thanks to your email, I am going take the next steps of filing to receive payment with an additional potential award for falsifying information presented to the court (called "perjury" if you haven't heard of it), which will only make things go harder for Richard Morgan, "retired military," as he signs himself. Even military people have to obey the law, like it or not.

So I am sorry for you, but nothing you say is going to change what Richard Morgan did or the outcome of it. Defending him and calling me names doesn't change who and what he is, or what we are. Think about that, before you downgrade me. Things like this need to be exposed. People who have been injured and defrauded have the right to be heard. Perhaps you should request that the court seal the records and change the rules about "public records." But I don't think you will get very far with this. How else can people know who to avoid doing business with in the future?

If everyone "kept quiet" the way you suggest, we might as well do away with the entire court system in the free world. "Military Justice" and "kangaroo courts" don't fly in the civilian world, whether or not you like it. Attempting to downgrade me changes NOTHING when it comes to the FACTS.

Why do you hide behind "Anonymous" or signing yourself as "SAM?" Who are you? I have never mentioned the name of Richard Morgan's ex-wife, so I don't understand why you allege that you are her. Identify yourself before you leave "anonymous comments" on other people's blogs.

No comments: